Each level consists of 4 units Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking.
– For JETSET Levels 1 to 6, Speaking unit is optional.
– For JETSET Level 7 all 4 units are mandatory.
– For JETSET Foundation Level, the test consists of 2 mandatory units only, Reading and Listening, and 1 optional unit, Speaking
For levels from Foundation until Level 4, assessments for JETSET qualifications have been contextualized according to learners age. This means that they are available as either Junior English Test (JET version), which have been specifically contextualized for young learners from the ages of 6 to 16, or as Senior English Test (SET version) which have been specifically contextualized for adult learners. This diversion, though, is not mandatory, meaning that an adult learner can choose to sit for the JET version of an exam.
In order for candidates to complete the test successfully, they have to score at least 50% on aggregate on the 3 following mandatory units: reading, writing and listening. Note that a minimum score is not required for any unit of the exam. The mark of speaking unit for all levels is not counted for the allocation of the final score.
Merit 60% -74%
Pass 50% – 59%
Below Threshold <50%
– Recognized by ASEP and OFQUAL
– Accredited by ESYD
– Valid and internationally recongnised in more than 100 countries by ministers of education, universities and multinational companies
– Detailed marks for each unit offered
– Pass mark 50% on aggregate for Reading, Writing and Listening
– Speaking unit is optional for all levels apart from JETSET Level 7
– Written exams focus on everyday communication
– Direct delivery of result and certificates
– Specially designed for candidates of all ages
– On demand examinations throughout the year
Examination format is the same for all levels, so that the candidates are familiar with the questions and the exercises that they will face on the day of the examinations. The length of the examination depends on the level examined. You can see the duration of test for each level below.
|PEARSON LCCI JETSET ESOL INTERNATIONAL EXAMINATIONS TEST DURATION|
|READING||1h||1h||1h||1h 15 min||1h 20 min||1h 30 min||1h 30 min||2h|
|WRITING||–||1h||1h||1h 15 min||1h 20 min||1h 30 min||1h 45 min||2h|
|LISTENING||30 min||30 min||30 min||30 min||30 min||45 min||45 min||45 min|
|SPEAKING *per candidate||5 min*||5 min*||5 min*||5 min*||5 min*||8 min*||8 min*||8 min*|
Reading and Listening tests consist of multiple choice questions.
The number of the questions depends on the level which is being examined. Writing test consist of a variety of written exercises and composition(s). Speaking component is carried out by an LCCI examiner.
The duration of the test depends on the level and the candidates are examined in pairs. For more details about the exam format for each level, you can download the test overview for each level: